We work with the Riverside County Public Administration program for low income families to cover cremation. This program is a loan through riverside county for Direct cremation only. They do not allow any viewings, visitations with this program. The loan is paid back to the county in as little as $10 a month. If you are interested in signing up for this program please contract us at (951) 683-2215
Here is a breakdown of the criteria to apply:
- Decedent must be a resident of Riverside county
- Applicant for loan must be a Legal Spouse or a Blood Relative
- Loan approval is based on Applicants income not the decedents
- Application must be submitted with proof of income (SSI or Disability award letter, Recent 30 day bank statement or Most recent pay stub)
- Go Fund Me's or Life insruance policies automatically disqualify families
If your loved one is located in a facility with refrigeration (Coroners office, Hospital or other mortuary) they will not be brought into our care until you are approved for the program. This is because if you are declined for the program it is up to you which mortuary you choose to go through.
Once you have turned in your application with proof of income we send it to the Public Administration office for review. It can take their office anywhere from 2-14 Business days to approve or deny cases. Once we have the approval paperwork from their office we will being your loved one into our care and contact the Next of Kin when the cremation is finalized. Applicants are welcome to contact us at any point if they have questions.
Once approved on this program the payments are made directly through the county. The only payments that would need to be paid directly to the mortuary are for mailing of cremated remains or additional death certificates.
For questions about in the Income Cap you will need to contact Riverside County Public Administration office at (951) 443-2300